What is a notice of disassociation?

If you have shared finances with somebody in the past, they might show up on your credit record. If you don't want this to happen, you can apply for a notice of disassociation.

A notice of disassociation is something you can put on your credit report to let lenders know that you’re no longer financially associated with someone. You can get Equifax, Experian & TransUnion to add a notice of dissociation to your report by filling in a dispute form (of sorts).

You may not have heard of financial disassociation, but it can make a real difference to you if your current or ex-spouse or partner starts to incur a high level of debt.


Because it can affect your ability to get credit in the future too.

If your current or ex-partner or spouse has lots of debt, or they’re paying late, part-paying or missing payments out altogether, it doesn’t directly affect your credit score, but it is something that the new lender will look at. The lender may see this as a red flag and decide that lending you any more money is too risky.

Applying for disassociation is easy to do! This allows you to remove the link between you and your ex, so that their financial issues no longer affect your chances of getting credit. You can access the forms you require here:


Call credit